Two weeks have already passed at KU Leuven where I am doing my master thesis at the Computer Science department and I want to share with you my experience in Belgium and especially at KU Leuven. I plan to do this weekly from now on, for the next three and a half months, so stay tuned 🙂
- The HCI department @ KU Leuven is a very sociable one, so there’s always an interesting conversation going on 🙂
- I was asked if there, in Romania, we have TV I most probably changed like 10 colours in a couple of seconds, but now we can make fun of it 😛
- Biking was supposed to be more fun. So far, I am only counting the muscles I can feel after 6 km 😛
- Surprisingly, I haven’t minded the weather yet, though it went from sun to gray clouds and then snowing in the same day!
- You need to be quite strong to open (most of the) doors
- I had the chance to meet a Nobel Peace Prize winner, Leymah Gbowee, an amazing woman, thanks to a symposium organized by KU Leuven.
- I am joining Spanish conversations and it feels good to speak good enough to be understood and moreover to understand (almost) anything.
- Went to cinema to watch ‘Django Unchained’ and I couldn’t believe my eyes seeing translations in French & Dutch 😛